A guide to the science of plastics and the environmental issues concerned with their use for Key Stage 4. The package provides background information for various levels of the Science Attainment targets 1 - 4 and Technology Attainment targets 3 and 4.
Topics covered include:
- Life cycle of plastic - manufacture, use, disposal and recycling.
- Why use plastics - properties, materials, consumption, disposal.
- Disposal - plastic waste, recycling problems, incineration, landfill.
- Degradable plastics - photodegradable, biodegradable, chemical degradable plastics.
- PVC - manufacture, uses, fire hazard, additives, chemistry.
The book also includes questions and discussion points and teachers notes.
Cat No: 978 1 86083 694 7