Ofsted Buster Departmental Handbook is a ready-made framework for a departmental handbook. You need only add the fine detail in order to personalise it to your subject's working methodology. It is structured to tick all of the major areas required for scrutiny by an Ofsted inspection team. When used in school it passed through the process with flying colours.
Ofsted Buster will enable you to:
- Transcribe your departmental detail, without spending time on the structure while using the introductory paragraphs and phraseology that meet 'Ofsted-speak'? requirements.
- Concentrate on getting the teaching and learning criteria as Ofsted requires.
- Delegate different members of the department to complete certain aspects and thereby make the ownership of the report truly collective.
- Remind yourself of those activities that your department regularly undertakes which may be genuinely noteworthy to an inspector but which you could easily overlook.
- Spend more time planning for Ofsted-observable lessons because the major bureaucratic task has already been completed.
- Provide the department with an excellent handbook for both pre- and post-Ofsted usage.
- Maintain a valuable source of information on how to structure assessment, recording and rewarding of student work.
- Demonstrate a range of ideas on how one discipline can effectively support another in a cross-curricular sense.
Although this booklet relates specifically to the school working activity of a history department, its structure and content are for the most part equally applicable to all subjects and faculties. For this reason it is available as both a copiable book or as a Word document on CD Rom so that it can be readily personalised by any department, shared with colleagues and endlessly re-used. It will thus save you valuable time and help reduce the stress of the next Ofsted inspection.
Cat No: 978 1 86083 773 9